Thursday, September 8, 2011

Easy Jack Glow Jars


I wanted to do a craft with my youngest daughter over the summer, so we dug up a dead squirrel and dressed it in Barbie clothes. Since that only lasted five minutes, we moved on to these easy decoupaged jars instead! We'll be hanging twenty of these guys from our cherry tree this year. :)






Simply dig through the recycling box for various sizes and shapes of glass jars. Cut orange tissue paper into squares, and affix with Mod Poge- make sure to brush the paste over top the tissue as well. Paint your Jack face with black acrylic. I'm adding hangers made from armature wire.

All that's left is the lights! I found these super bright led's on ebay (Six Star Sales carries them). They come in a rainbow of colours in single lights, and clusters of 2, 3 and  5. Mine are amber (they actually look less yellow in person).


Way easy, and really effective!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, please tell me the squirrel part of your story isn't true! Ewww....

    I've actually tried this Mod Podge craft. Not for Halloween - I made a pink and purple candle holder. You get a nice glow through the tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Only kidding about the squirrel, Justine!

    Strangely, I never even considered using a candle. Def have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea. i'll be sure to do that with my girls. The jars, not the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific idea! Great look, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool idea! Love the thought of hanging them from your cherry tree, a la Ray Bradbury's "The Halloween Tree". I won't have time to do this before this Halloween, but that sounds like a great way to make it through the winter. Then I can hang them from MY cherry tree next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great project! Thank you for sharing!

    I am new follower of your Blog and found you through Justine!

    ReplyDelete